RESCHEDULED FOR Tuesday, January 28th, 6pm @ Lexington Presbyterian Church on Randolph Street
Promoting the Production and Consumption of Foods Grown in Rockbridge County and the Shenandoah Valley
Take The Challenge
Spend at least 10% of your weekly food budget on locally produced food … beef, eggs, produce … it’s all available and easier than ever to access . . . and local Farmers Markets are now open more of the year . . .
Rockbridge Grown Mission Statement (excerpt):
- Educate our local community about the health, societal, and economic benefits of choosing locally grown, sustainably raised food.
- Provide educational material listing resources specifically relating to local food sources in and around Rockbridge county.
- Inform our community, both consumers and farmers, about the scientific basis of what constitutes ‘sustainable agriculture.’
- Promote “local food literacy” for both consumers and producers of locally grown agricultural food products. By this, we mean understanding where food comes from, how it’s grown, and why “local is better.”
- Actively promote the sustainable local production and consumption of food grown in and around Rockbridge County by initiatives which may include online and printed resources to connect consumers to local producers, farmer’s markets, CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) programs, farm stands, and retailers selling locally produced goods.
Check out the
of this Website for More Information about Local Food Sources